Welcome

What you read here are true, first-hand accounts of life inside an alternative religious group. What we went through may seem incredible to you. But keep in mind, we were normal, every-day people. Just like you. And we never thought it would happen to us, either.

5.03.2007

Songbooks

I am posting some songs from the songbooks we used because I think the song lyrics illustrate the tone of the group and the direction of the programming. (Click the title to view the actual song sheet we used.)
For those of you that were in the group with me, take a moment to revisit the songs. Just from having them running through my head from posting them, so many beautiful memories surfaced for me. There was a deep joy in everyone raising their voices in celebration in these songs. Maybe it's because I was raised on Disney musicals. No idea. But for all of you who contributed to these songs (and consequently my experience of them)... you have my gratitude.

Note: There are many original songs that were written by members of the group, but I am not including those in this list out of respect for their creative efforts and also to maintain anonymity should their song go public. This list only contains the songs whose lyrics were changed because I believe it is a useful indicator of the beliefs of the group. Also, you cannot copyright something that someone else owns the copyright to, so these were the only ones I knew were "safe". I tried to credit all the songs correctly but if I made any mistakes, let me know and I'll correct them.