Welcome

What you read here are true, first-hand accounts of life inside an alternative religious group. What we went through may seem incredible to you. But keep in mind, we were normal, every-day people. Just like you. And we never thought it would happen to us, either.

5.02.2007

Answers to Your Questions

December 13, 2007
>> Who is Solomon Short?

@: LOL. Solomon Short is a fictional character quoted in books by David Gerrold, an author I've really enjoyed. When I got the idea of doing a fortune cookie for Angelo, I really wasn't in the mood to research spiritual quotes -- then I remembered the Solomon Short quotes from David's books and I thought they would be fun. Thanks for asking, I had meant to link the quotes to his Solomon page but couldn't figure out the code to do so. Your question gives me the opportunity.

Note: Also, Lazarus Long quotes can be credited to Robert Heinlein, another prolific science fiction writer.

August 7, 2007
>> Love your site. Wonder if you can help. I am an ex-member of the group and someone still with the group has hacked into my email several times now. I'm not sure what to do about it.

@: I'm sorry to hear that. I can suggest filing a report at www.ic3.gov (an organization that will put you in touch with the right people to handle your claim). Ask around. I'm sure you're not the only one and if there are multiple complaints against someone, they jump higher on the "danger" list. Also, if it's the individual I think it is, remember that he currently works in a high-level security position -- so notifying his company of possible wrong-doings would not be out-of-line. And they might be able to work with you to track anything he has done from work (since they could be held accountable themselves if you seek monetary damages.) Sorry I can't be of more help.

July 20, 2007
>>
I have read the postings on your site and am still not sure what people got out of your group. Did any people wake up/get enlightened out of their association with Angelo (I appreciate these are loaded words but use them for wont of any better ones to use) . Did any people wake up as a result of leaving him?
@: You are not alone. Many people are still trying to see what they got out of it. That's my reason for doing the interviews. Hoping that by reading more stories, it will become clearer.

For now, I can only tell you that I now view "wake up" and "enlightenment" as misleading concepts. Fellini, in her account states, "
I am more aware of my connection to my Divine Source than I ever have been in my entire life up to now." That has been true for a number of people that have left the group. However, there are also a number that are still very damaged and trying to heal.

But I can tell you that during my 18 years in the group, no one woke up. Not in the way you are asking. I had my own little satori, but within that was also the realization that it's not something you get to... it's a road you are on.




July 20, 2007
>> What kind of response are you getting?
@: Overwhelmingly positive. Way beyond what I expected. I knew this site would cause ripples. It has to. It's shedding a bright light into areas that are much prettier in shadows. And though I don't have the exposure to the "grapevine" that I used to have, I have still heard whisperings. Some think the site is not harsh enough. They want it to be an open attack. Some think the site is too harsh. They want people's experience "policed" (that's nothing new for most of us.) But neither of those options appeals to me. I know I'm on track with what I intended because of the emails I am getting. I'm only posting the ones that are sharing about their own experience. The other emails... the ones praising the site or thanking me for doing it, I read with MUCH gratitude... but I don't post them because that too is not what this site is about. It's about people's experience. Their raw basic experience. And allowing them a place to express it.

July 9, 2007
>> Can I ask a question without you putting it on your site?
@: Yes. (Do you get the irony of this?)
I mostly respond through a simple email reply. Mostly.